Friday, June 20, 2008

Introduction

The short version

This is a new blog. It's a technical / sometimes personal blog. I'm a geek. I love rock.

What's this blog?

Mostly just a place where I'll write about things I learn experimenting with Linux, programming and software in general. Maybe even a few personal posts will come up now and then.

Why English?

You could ask 'You're a Hungarian. Why do you blog in English?'. You won't, but you could. Well, this is supposed to be a tech blog, and I think no-one will argue when I say that anyone who considers themselves seriously interested in computer technology will have at least a basic understanding of English. Sure, this way I can't show it off to most of my friends, but what the heck.

Why this name?

*Flashback* I remember playing a game... A computer game... Some years ago... Sacred was its name, I believe. And my brand new warrior-gladiator-barbarian-whatever needed a name. So hands on the keyboard.. Feel the Force flow through you... Then I pressed some keys at random, and this came up. I liked it, I kept it. *Flash back* That's it. The fact that it means 'stay away' in latin is still a great a plus :D

Why this blog?

I've been thinking for some time about starting a blog, but didn't have a good excuse. 'Sharing things I find' just didn't cut it - I found everything I ever looked for on the net anyway (or in the manual... or in the source). But a few day ago I found just what I needed. Time for the first link: Paul Stamatious Online Presence and Why You Need It. Thanks, Paul :)

No comments:

Post a Comment